1. ‘Cruel Intentions’ is a film adaptation of an 18th Century French novel called Les Liaisons dangereuses by Pierre Choderlos de Laclos. Did you know…the 1988 version of ‘Cruel Intentions’ was called ‘Dangerous Liaisons’: starring Glenn Close, John Malkovich and Michelle Pfeiffer!
2. In the steamy scene where Sebastian and Annette are in the pool, what else is present? A little sailboat.
3. Selma Blair plays the role of Cecile, a young, misguided freshman. However, did you know she is older than both Sarah Michelle Gellar and Ryan Philippe? Guess it’s the koala t-shirt that her Dad got her from Australia...
4. At the start of the movie, when Dr. Greenbaum hands Sebastian a copy of her book: did you notice how in one shot she’s holding the left side of the book, but in the next shot she’s holding the right side of the book. Oops?
5. The licence plate of the taxi which kills Sebastian in the end changes during the shot from 3TI8 to 9X24. Oh dear.