You are out. You are drunk. You are horny. You are talking to a cute boy/girl. And you’re wondering if you should go for it.
ONE NIGHT STAND!
You mean aside from the fact that it’s no-strings-attached sex? Because, really, that should be enough.
But if you’re looking for more, here are some other solid reasons for shacking up and then shipping out. (Although I’m using male pronouns, most of these are equally applicable to all sexes.)
- He’s cute!
- He wants to have sex with you! And the feeling’s mutual!
- Sex is fun!
- I’m pretty sure that the “walk of shame” was re-dubbed the “walk of fame” in the early 2000s.
- If you go to your place, you don’t even have to do a walk of shame!
- If you go to his place, you don’t even have to wash your sheets!
- You’re on vacation. That’s what vacations are for.
- How else are you going to get free shots of patron all night?
- You’re playing shack-or-die and, by god, you are going to win.
- You’re in college! No parents!
- You’re single. It’s time you started acting like it.
- You just found out that your significant other was cheating on you. You should probably be getting drunk and going to bed with a stranger AT him. That’ll show him.
- He’s a good dancer and you’re curious to see if it will translate.
- You’re bored.
- It’s been a while.
- Hey! Free cab ride!
- He probably doesn’t have any STDs… except maybe HPV. And you probably have that anyway.
- You’re on birth control.
- Plan B exists.
- It could be really good!
- Even if it’s not really good, it could make a good story.
- If it’s neither great nor a great story, you never have to speak of it again. No one will be the wiser.
- You’ve never had sex with someone of that race before and you want to check it off your list.
- You might learn some new tricks. (Practice makes perfect!)
- You can leave/kick him out at whatever time suits you. Do you have an early appointment in the morning? No worries! Do you want to make one up? Also good!
- You don’t have an early appointment in the morning.
- There’s always the possibility that he could become a repeat player.
- You asked him what his last name is, so it’s legit.
- You might get breakfast and/or morning sex out of the deal, if you’re so inclined.
- He’s a friend of a friend (of a friend?) so you know it’s not sketchy. (For any gay male readers: don’t worry, Grindr counts as a friend.)
- He was surprisingly charming while delivering his cheesy pick up line and you feel like he should be rewarded.
- He has an accent.
- You think he might be famous.
- Slutty is the new classy.
- You guys, NO STRINGS ATTACHED SEX!
Long story short: go ahead and get laid! Why the hell not?
Seriously though, friends, use protection. STDs are scary, and if you’re reading this blog you’re probably not ready to procreate.